YMCA Crewe provides accommodation for people who have experienced homelessness and also works with communities across Crewe, through our After Schools Clubs and other activities.
Would you like to be part of a small team of friendly and enthusiastic volunteers who contribute to our work?
We currently have these volunteer vacancies
- After Schools Clubs – help with art and play activities, whilst engaging with young people
- Family Drop Ins – have a cup of coffee and chat with adults who join us, or play with the babies and toddlers
- Befriending – could you support someone in the community who is feeling isolated by making a weekly phone call?
- Buddying – we match “buddies” with residents when they are moving into their own accommodation, which helps reduce social isolation – go for a walk, play a board game, call for a chat
- Reception – greet visitors, answer the phone
- Café Team – welcome customers and help in the kitchen
- Finance – help with basic book keeping and liaise with suppliers
- Properties – assist with minor repairs and maintenance jobs
- Engagement – join residents as they learn about independent living (eg cooking sessions), get fit (eg work out in our gym) or progress in training or employment (eg CV writing)
- Communing engagement and fundraising – help us raise awareness of our work and support the fundraising team as they raise vital funds
- Transport for Unaccompanied Children Seeking Asylum – could you help a young person attend football or social groups in Crewe by picking them up from a nearly town?
Our volunteers have opportunities to make new friends and attend volunteer social events, increase their skills and gain experience. We offer great training and ongoing support from our Volunteer Team Leader. We are very flexible on hours and will ensure that we match the right volunteer to the right vacancy.
If you’d like to explore any of these opportunities further, please contact Tracey.Bentley@ymcacrewe.org.uk or call her on 07590 883049