YMCA Crewe offer training in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA). Our accredited MHFA Instructor can deliver training in-person or online over two days.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA England training won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
Adult MHFA England courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA England course is delivered by a quality assured Instructor Member who has attended our Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
What Will I Learn?
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. On the Two-Day Mental Health First Aiders course, you will learn:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
How Will Attending an MHFA England Course Help?
Research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA England course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
How to Book
If you would like to book a course, use the form below to provide your details and we will get back to you with a quote and available dates.