At YMCA Crewe, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work, where everyone feels treated fairly and enjoys their work in a welcoming and friendly environment. We’re a not-for-profit Social Landlord, a charity that has been providing housing and support to local people, as well as working with children and families in the community, for over 30 years.
YMCA Crewe also provides training and learning opportunities through the social enterprise businesses, serving the local community whilst generating unrestricted income to support our charitable work.
The Property Maintenance Service is the third social enterprise venture piloted by YMCA Crewe over the last two years. The Property Maintenance Service has been successfully operating and undertaking repair and maintenance jobs with various letting agents in and around Crewe. The business has great potential as an income generator for YMCA Crewe as well as providing excellent training opportunities for young people living within YMCA Crewe housing projects and the wider community of Crewe.
We provide a wide range of high-quality property maintenance services including painting and decorating, tiling and bathroom installation, kitchen installation, minor responsive repairs, general house clearance services, building flat pack furniture for letting agents, private landlords and tenants of YMCA Crewe.
Several business growth and commercial opportunities have been identified, which could significantly increase revenue.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about property maintenance, to lead and help grow the business to include private homes, hotels, hostels and other letting agents providing rapid response maintenance services across Crewe.
Terms and conditions
- 40 hours per week (but there may be overtime required depending on the needs of the business)
- Hours of work through agreement with line manager
- £28,000 to £30,000 per annum
- Potential for increased salary dependent on success of social enterprise
- 28 days holiday per annum, including an allowance for bank holidays
- Permanent contract
- Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and a six month probation period
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack
- The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 29th November 2021
- The application form and equal opportunities form should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview at Gresty Road on Tuesday 30th November 2021